Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal 4: Code Geass (anime)

4 posters

:: ISB Areas :: Lighthouse :: Planning

Go down

Proposal 4: Code Geass (anime) Empty Proposal 4: Code Geass (anime)

Post  voidsoul Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:27 pm

Code Geass is a Japanese anime entrenched with politics, philosophy, and social and human issues. It is really done beautifully, and can convey concepts in a whole new level as compared to reading about them, since the characters live through them.

I suggest we watch an episode a week, and discuss, in parallel with reading and discussing another topic.
It will take a year since there are around 50 episodes in total.

I am not sure about this suggestion myself - because of the timescale. I'm putting it out there to see your opinions.
voidsoul
voidsoul

Back to top Go down

Proposal 4: Code Geass (anime) Empty Re: Proposal 4: Code Geass (anime)

Post  Samerron Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Two thumbs up. I’m really looking forward for this, but I also suggest delaying it for a while for 3 reasons.

1. As much as I would like to watch this anime again and discuss its various and strong themes of love, life, nationalism, politics…etc. I want to make sure there are more members interested and have access to it.

2. From my part, I would also like to have more knowledge of political & social theories to get the most out of this review of the anime and the discussion.

3. Last thing, lets concentrate on books now and once we have Lighthouse stable and we are moving steady with our readings, we will introduce anime or in particular Code Geass since its too good to be called just an anime!

A new idea that comes to my head, is that as part of introducing media, we can add movies and series, but of course not any movie, but intellectual ones Wink. Also not to forget that this will be parallel with the books reading rather than a substitute...
Samerron
Samerron

http://samerron.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moath_H Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:40 pm

I don't have access to it, sadly. The clips on Youtube make it seem mature more than anything...
Moath_H
Moath_H

Back to top Go down

Post  Samerron Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:57 pm

Moath_H wrote:I don't have access to it, sadly. The clips on Youtube make it seem mature more than anything...
Before we start the discussion, I will make sure everyone who is interested to engage to have the complete series. I currently have the whole series.
Moath, when I have the chance to see you, I'll give it to you, or in a worst case scenario, I can send it to you through mail.
Samerron
Samerron

Back to top Go down

Post  iAnwar Horizon Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:09 pm

Before we start the discussion, I will make sure everyone who is interested to engage to have the complete series. I currently have the whole series.

I need to get the second set of episodes Smile
iAnwar Horizon
iAnwar Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post  Samerron Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Guys, I guess we need to set a time frame for us to start watching Code Geass, which will be an episode each week. There are two seasons and each is 25 episodes, so the process will take us almost a year. My proposal is to start it with the beginning of the new year 2010. What do you say guys?
I want to know who's in?

For now, I believe it is me, Faissal, Moath and Anwar. Please confirm...

Also we need to insure that everyone has the episodes ready on his hard disk Cool
Anwar, I believe you can take the episodes from Hisham when you pass by in the coming Eid, ya?
Samerron
Samerron

Back to top Go down

Post  Moath_H Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Samerron wrote:Guys, I guess we need to set a time frame for us to start watching Code Geass, which will be an episode each week. There are two seasons and each is 25 episodes, so the process will take us almost a year. My proposal is to start it with the beginning of the new year 2010. What do you say guys?
I want to know who's in?

For now, I believe it is me, Faissal, Moath and Anwar. Please confirm...

Also we need to insure that everyone has the episodes ready on his hard disk Cool
Anwar, I believe you can take the episodes from Hisham when you pass by in the coming Eid, ya?

I agree with the proposal. It's very reasonable and do-able.
Moath_H
Moath_H

Back to top Go down

Post  iAnwar Horizon Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:12 pm

I confirm..i will get the second part next month and will start on it Very Happy
iAnwar Horizon
iAnwar Horizon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down