Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S1-01. The Day a New Demon was Born

4 posters

Go down

S1-01. The Day a New Demon was Born Empty S1-01. The Day a New Demon was Born

Post  Samerron Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:42 am

On August 10, 2010, a.t.b., Japan was conquered by the Holy Empire of Britannia. Seven years later, teenage student Lelouch Lamperouge finds himself pulled into a battle between anti-government terrorists and the Britannian Army in the Shinjuku Ghetto. In the midst of the conflict, a mysterious, green-haired girl saves him from death by granting him "the power of the king," which allows him to compel others to do his bidding.

Share your thoughts...
Samerron
Samerron

http://samerron.googlepages.com

Back to top Go down

S1-01. The Day a New Demon was Born Empty Re: S1-01. The Day a New Demon was Born

Post  iAnwar Horizon Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:32 pm

Greetings to all,

It seems that I will be plotting down the first thoughts Smile

Here are my points:

1. Discovering Lelouch's personality I found in this episode :

Confidence and Responsibility which are maybe the most important characteristics ,after credibility, of a leader or a person who wants to make a change.

2. Two ideas where conveyed in this episode:

a. If the king does not move then his subjects will not follow>>>>which I think that it is correct for many situation except when talking politically in in the arab world (where we need a change from the base that will reach to the top)

b. Having a reason for life and why I am here?

3. Two Funny/Sad moments or scenes in the episode that I liked:

a. When the mobile of Lelouch was ringing in the subway and how did the scene moved to the girl trying to reach him (her reaction is hilarious)
b. When people were standing still and taking pictures of the truck when it hit the old building, nobody was moving to help!
iAnwar Horizon
iAnwar Horizon

Back to top Go down

S1-01. The Day a New Demon was Born Empty Re: S1-01. The Day a New Demon was Born

Post  Samerron Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 pm

iAnwar Horizon wrote:Confidence and Responsibility which are maybe the most important characteristics ,after credibility, of a leader or a person who wants to make a change.
Yes indeed. Nevertheless, as you mentioned he is a person who believes and wants to make a change, and is ready to take any measures, starting with accepting the contract without knowing his part of it and any consequence. He is a man who wants the power to change and fulfill his ambitions.
iAnwar Horizon wrote:If the king does not move then his subjects will not follow>>>>which I think that it is correct for many situation except when talking politically in in the arab world (where we need a change from the base that will reach to the top)
There are many aspects in your view here. First is the notion of the King and being a leader i.e. the notion of Leadership, and having the ability to gain the trust of the followers and showing them the vision by starting the first move by the leader. I will get into the theme of leadership in my next post.
Now reflecting this into our own culture and society in the Middle East, we need a new topic for this in which we will be discussing this topic throughout the series and analyzing it to our current situation.
iAnwar Horizon wrote:Having a reason for life and why I am here?
This is an important philosophical aspect of Lelouch and the anime. Actually, many of the Japanese animation press on similar philosophical issues. Let's elaborate on it more here, and then see if we need a special topic for it.
Samerron
Samerron

Back to top Go down

Post  voidsoul Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:22 am

This first episode serves as an introduction to the world in this anime. It especially showcases the world power Britannia, and how its citizens treat others.

Quotes and Thoughts

Prince Clovis gives the effective speech to move the masses. I wonder how ofter speeches like this are given in this world?
"Why? Because this is a fight for justice! The justice which protects all peace!" - Prince Clovis
Well, to that we can say, "In the end, it's all just self-gratification." - Lelouche

"No matter how hard you stretch, the world will not change." - Lelouche
But by the end of the episode, he had resolved to change the world.
"Being so fed up with a world that didn't change at all, [...], But what I obtained... Power... That's why!" - Lelouche
...one of my favorite quotes.

"If the King does not move, his subjects will not follow." - Lelouche
This is probably especially true in the Arab world, which is why it has become a standard method to assassinate our leaders. Arabs will blindly follow a leader they trust into Hell, which is very dangerous to opposing forces when the leader is good. We simply need to produce those good "Kings" nowadays.

"It appears you have a reason to live. If you have strength, will you be able to live?" - the girl
...tying "Power" to "Life".

"The power of the King will make you isolated" - the girl
Is that what happens to those who lead? Isolation?

"Those who are allowed to shoot are only those who are prepared to shoot" - Lelouche
...As he kills the Britannian soldiers.

Outstanding Mysteries
Who is Nunally? The girl Lelouche thinks of as he is about to die.
How the heck is the blonde girl still alive? Who/What is she?
Who does Lelouche see speaking as he is given his new power? What is the "union of the Ragnarok"?
What is her "wish" in the "contract"?
We see hundreds of people with the same mark on their forehead as her. It is the same mark in Lelouche's eye? Who are they?
"Lelouche vi Britannia"? What does that mean?
voidsoul
voidsoul

Back to top Go down

Post  Samerron Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:25 pm

voidsoul wrote:This first episode serves as an introduction to the world in this anime. It especially showcases the world power Britannia, and how its citizens treat others.
Since the beginning of the anime, it appears to have many exciting & tangling ideas and elements, which show it is a promising anime, as long as they keep it up in this pace (and I assure you they will Wink )!

Void, you are touching upon the important details that can be missed when watching the first time Wink . As they say, the devil is in the details!
I will be tackling your points one-by-one in addition to adding some and referring to others.

I will start with Prince Clovis and his speech.
voidsoul wrote: Prince Clovis gives the effective speech to move the masses. I wonder how ofter speeches like this are given in this world?
"Why? Because this is a fight for justice! The justice which protects all peace!" - Prince Clovis
Well, to that we can say, "In the end, it's all just self-gratification." - Lelouche
A fight for justice! The justice which protects all peace – how much is this statement valid in itself?

You would be imposing and forcing others through fighting (when necessary) to bring in justice. What is Justice? Justice is a big and huge term (which I think it’s better to open up a new thread for it). It is a philosophical concept coming from morality and ethics…but let’s try to define justice in simpler terms for the general people i.e. for the level of the minds of the public population! (in which, let’s say when a Prince needs to explain Justice to his people). Justice means equality, meaning having equal rights… rights that gives all individuals the quality to be treated likewise, with no distinction. In other terms everyone getting what he/she deserves. Now we all know that justice can’t be applied 100% in this world, but people always seek relatively more just society…

I’ll wait for your replies before adding more on the topic.
Samerron
Samerron

Back to top Go down

Post  Moath_H Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:14 pm

I apologize for my delay in participation. I've been both busy and sick the past few days.

Anyways...

Samerron wrote:A fight for justice! The justice which protects all peace – how much is this statement valid in itself?

Such a statement is used to mask an ulterior agenda. Sure, after a war, there will be peace, but on whose terms? And the justice achieved... whose justice? The war on Iraq brought Saddam to justice, but no true justice was achieved since there were other powers during the war that were committing crimes (e.g. Blackwater's mercenaries). This statement is valid to the one stating it, not necessarily anyone else, especially the target of this statement (i.e. the antagonist).
Moath_H
Moath_H

Back to top Go down

Post  Moath_H Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:25 pm

"The power of the King will make you isolated" - the girl
Is that what happens to those who lead? Isolation?

Another book I read, The Hawk and the Prophecy (nudge nudge, wink wink), had a quote from a sage named Hakim who said to Abdel-Rahman Al-Dakhil, first Emir of Al-Andalus, that the "price of power is loneliness". Being in power means you have forsworn your former personal allegiances and now pledge yourself to national service and security, even if it means angering or tormenting those you once loved. It will also make you feared rather than respected should you exercise your power to an authoritarian, autocratic, or tyrannical extent. Yes, power breeds isolation, but it also breeds jealousy: those who have power will not be without their enemies who seek to usurp them, and power can be involved in any context... even knowledge.
Moath_H
Moath_H

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum